Blog posts and articles
- Read several of my blog posts at Edutopia
- My article “The 5 Habits of Extreme Learners” appeared in Education Week in December, 2017, and was the most-read article that week!
- “National Parks at 10: Outdoor Classrooms for Experiential Learning,” with NPS Director Jon Jarvis, Education Week, August 25, 2016
- “The Rise of Any Time, Any Place, Any Path, Any Pace Learning” in Expanding Minds and Opportunities: Leveraging the Power of Afterschool and Summer Learning for Student Success (Mott Foundation, 2013)
- “The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It,” Independent School, Summer 2013
- “Paying Forward the Legacy of Steve Jobs,” Education Week, October 19, 2011
- In National Parks: America’s Largest Classrooms, edited by Jessica Thompson and Ana Houseal (in press) [PDF]
- In Take the Journey: Teaching American History Through Place-based Learning, by James Percoco (Stenhouse, 2017)
- In New Ways of Seeing: How Multilingualism Opens Our Eyes and Trains Our Minds for a Complex World, by Chris Livaccari (Asia Society, 2017) [PDF]
Learn about my project as a Fellow for Good at the Institute for the Future in Palo Alto focused on learners leading their own learning. You can also visit my media page for interviews and other videos about my work.